Ohioans for Sustainable Change, Green Energy Ohio, the School of Environment and Natural Resources, Climate Change Outreach Team, and Energy Services and Sustainability at The Ohio State University (main campus) partnered to present the Earthkeeping Summit on March 31, 2012 at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center at The Ohio State University.
A morning plenary session and afternoon workshops were offered to discuss the religious response to environmental issues, and offer resources and tools for Earthkeeping. Speakers included:
- Jason E. Box, PhD, a climatologist at the Byrd Polar Research Center and Associate Professor of Geography at OSU. Dr. Box has made 19 expeditions to Greenland and is a leading researcher in climate change.
- Nancy Sleeth, Program Director of Blessed Earth, a faith-based nonprofit focusing on environmental stewardship, brought the faith perspective.
- William Spratley, Executive Director of Green Energy Ohio, shared the vision of renewable energy in Ohio.
Below are Summit materials, shared by the presenters. Thank you to all the speakers and presenters for making these resources available to us.
- William Spratley, Green Energy Ohio
- Caring for God’s Earth-Christ Lutheran Church
- Caring for God’s Creation Overview
- St Monica St George Green Team
- St. Francis Pledge
House of Worship Energy Audits
Rediscovering Sabbath Living
Justice and Advocacy
- Beyond Coal
- Coal-fired Power Plants in Ohio
- Clean Air and Water
- Clean Air Defense
We hope to extend the Earthkeeping Summit’s reach through our new Earthkeeping Webinar Series. Click here for more information.
Participants at the Summit shared actions they were going to take after attending the Summit. Here are some examples: